In an effort to keep life in order I am going to start from the beginning: Christmas eve (pre-dinner).
Here is a shot of Mom and Molly, no clue what they are doing but considering the look on Molly's face they are up to no good.

My mom made shrimp cocktail for appetizers and I re-discovered how much I like shrimp cocktail. See, usually people just buy the pre-made stuff from the grocery stores and that is usually soggy,slimy and sometimes even fishy tasting, prolly due to freezing then thawing. In contrast, these guys had great texture and taste! They are so easy to make, I don't know why people buy them pre-made, all you have to do is boil prepared raw shrimp in whatever seasonings you like and then chill.

We were all just wandering around the kitchen at this point anticipating the delicious dinner Mom was making and drinking cocktails. Felix and Tito decided to make faces at the photographer because they are THAT cool. :)

For a brief moment we had the French onion soup issue: How to broil the cheese and croutons on top with out the oven? (the prime rib was in the oven) Mom pulled out her restaurant sized torch and then dad decided to one up her and use his torch. It worked quite well. Then the family pyro (Tito) decided to start burning the heads of my gingerbread cookies with the smaller abandoned torch. BAD TITO!



No comments:
Post a Comment