
Here is a picture from Elkhart when I visited my sis. She was taking a flying dive into her air bed... or rather my parents air bed.... see she decided that using their air bed was more comfortable than her twin sized bed that she inherited from the girl who had the room before her... (it is too short) -(I got to sleep in it that night) it is kind of short... and has one of those boards at the end so you can't hang your feet over.
ANYway... we just went to get some Indian food today at my favorite place and I was kind of grossed out/annoyed by the parents of some cute kids. The kids were cute and all but it was a buffet and anyone who abides by ANY manners at all knows two main rules about buffets. ONE, you get a fresh plate every time, it is not sanitary to use the same plate that you already have eaten off of. TWO, if your kids are under the age of 12 you get their food for them. Well, this family of six decided the two babies... they looked to be five and six could go up to the buffet unsupervised to get something they liked (since everything mom and dad had put on their plate the first time around was too spicy for them)... so here is the story of the kids at the buffet:
They were short enough to squeeze right under the sneeze guard and stand there as if under a glass umbrella, their noses about four inches above the food. The boy who looked to be about a year older than the girl was cute and told the little girl "I am your big brother I will get your food for you." to which the little girl replied "I don't know if I will like it." So the little boy scooped up some rice pudding into a bowl and gave it to her and said try it, so she stuck her finger into it and then said that she didn't think that she liked it. So they dumped the tasted bowl back into the serving bowl. And went on to try something else, by then I had gotten what I had come up for and after notifying one of the servers that the kids would prolly need some help went back to my table. From my table I could see that the servers brought out some new rice pudding to replace the bowl that the kids had played in and that they were trying to get some Naan (Indian flat bread) onto their plates but missed and dropped it on the floor, so since they didn't want the dirty piece they put it back into the bowl of bread and got a different piece with the help of one of the Indian servers who finally intervened. By then the parents finally realized that it was taking their kids a while longer than I guess they thought it should of, and their shouts of glee when they dropped something or tasted something was beginning to break into their conversation. So they looked from their table, they did not get up to get their kids, but just watched from their table (as if it were someone else's kids making the noise) as the server finally guided the kids back to the table. The guys who work at the restaurant were too polite to say anything to the parents about accompanying their kids to the buffet, and instead changed out all of the food that the kids had "messed with". I suppose I was just so in shock/ annoyed at these parents because I used to work at a buffet and even at THAT buffet people knew the two rules, clean plates and take care of your own kids so everyone else doesn't have to!

No comments:
Post a Comment