Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The new game is...

Geocaching, Felix got me a GPS (Global Positioning System) for Christmas because I want to go search for treasure. There is this game called Geocaching and you can look up caches that people hide and find them using the coordinates and your GPS. If you want specifics on the game click on the link. It is fun. We can also use the GPS in the car for traveling/navigating. We used one while sailing (we used one just like the one he got me -only that one was black and white-to navigate across Lake Michigan when we sailed from Mackinac to Chicago.) They are just all in all fun, especially when on trips. It told us exactly how long it took us to drive from Indy to the Cities after Christmas. It separated the time we were moving from the total time we were stopped.

Here are some photos of the first time we went Geocaching, it was in Carmel. Mom and Mary Jayne came with us. Here is Mom at the first cache, we never found this one. And it was kind of muddy there. We were under a bridge.


The next couple pictures are from a park near our house. Felix and Mary Jayne found this one. It is in an old ammo box. Can you see it? It was placed under some old wood and leaves.




This last one we found was in that same park. This time I found it. There are different size caches, some have toys, Geocoins, or Geobugs, that travel from cache to cache, and others are only large enough for a log. This one was a micro cache. And there was a log inside of it, but we didn't bring a pen or pencil with us to sign it so we didn't get credit for that one. (You log your finds online.)

1 comment:

Steph said...

I have tried to email you my pictures probably 10 - 12 times but my email keeps wigging out. I even put just four pictures in a folder and zipped them up...it couldn't handle it. So, I'm going to keep trying, and worse case burn them to a cd and mail them to you. Annoying because I know you wanted them and I'm sure you think I'm just being lazy, but I have actually made several attempts. I'm going to go try from my gmail account...