Monday, January 22, 2007

my next project...

Now that I have knit something large I want to knit something very small. Last weekend I decided to teach myself how to knit socks with five double pointed needles. Actually I taught myself how to knit socks with two circular needles and THEN I bought some double pointed needles to learn that method as well. Apparently the NEW way to knit socks is to use one very long 40 inch circular needle... Says Steven the Glitter Rock Knitter from The Yarn Garage That is the local yarn store that I like to go to when in search of really nice (and expensive) yarn. But I am quite happy with the five needle method. The needles are so cute! It is like knitting with toothpicks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that is what the self striping yarn does...I remember seeing it at the Stitches and Scones shop in Westfield. What is the fiber content?

Felbie & Rama said...

new wool (washable wool) and nylon... the brand i bought is called Trekking (XXL)