Monday, May 01, 2006

Schlitterbahn!!!!!!!

So there is this waterpark called Schlitterbahn in Texas that has spring fed rides! Sounds totally cool! No chlorine! Water goes back into the river after the ride... environmentally nice etc.. i heard about it originally on T.V. on the travel channel and I was just recently thinking about it since Felix is traveling so often to Texas. I was thinking hmmm... so what are the chances that this waterpark is anywhere near Austin. AND IT IS! It is just a 45 minute drive outside of Austin to the main park (there are two recent off shoots as well). I would have planned to go with him this week and we could have extended his trip into the weekend so that we could go to the waterpark.. but he is leaving today so I thought of it too late... but he will be working down there often so mebbie I will go next time and get to go to the Schlitterhahn... it looked really fun on the Travel channel and I am such a sucker for waterparks. I grew up near Noahs Ark Waterpark and I LOVE waterparks.

It has been raining since last Thursday...or Friday? It seems so long since I have seen the sun... and it has pretty much been constant. Felix and I put our foul weather gear on, yes, jackets AND pants and we went out to jump in puddles and go for a walk... we ended up at a little kid park and since no one was there I started climbing on it and tried to go down the wet slide and it had two bumps and I went so fast I caught some air on the second bump and then landed on my ass in the sand.. it was so much fun I had to do it again and then Felix had to try. Sunday it was more overcast and drippy than rainy so we decided it wouldn't be as much fun to walk in the rain with our foul weather gear on if it wasn't really raining so instead we stayed inside and made pasta. It was SOOOOOOO good! (yeah that is homemade sauce too!)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a couple of kids! den and i were walking in the rain too but i couldn't get him to go on the audubon tour at 6:30 a.m. in the rain....hmmmm...not surprised

Anonymous said...

I heard from some other Texas kids, from my time at Frito, that park is cool. Do it if you can. Austin also has a public pool that is fed by the river that goes through town. I saw it when I was there, it was wierd. They had the rocks painted with lane stripes, and diving boards and lifeguard stands, all overlooking this greenish flowing river. At the time I don't think it was open...too much muck.

Steph said...

i had honestly never had home made pasta...my mom and her sisters make homemade sauce...but i have never had homemade pasta. is it hard to make? i might have to get around to trying that some day. how much is the little press thing? i don't even make homemade sauce.