
These are the first sick leaves I saw... I thought they were from the sun, because the day that I first noticed them they had been sitting outside in the sun for at least five hours...

And then after letting the plants hang out in the rain for a while I noticed one of the plants had spots all over its leaved that looked like this...

the spots were not going away and were killing the leaves, so today i pruned all the sick leaves off and this is what the poor plant looks like now.... i read somewhere that they like to be pruned... it encourages new growth... so yeah.. i hope that is what it does...

and here is my nicest plant... it is an early lady... hopefully it dosen't catch the sickness from the other plant..!!

2 comments:
Try washing the leaves (top and bottom) with a mild detergent soap mixture. This should kill the mites that are eating the leaves. Do this for the healthy plants too.
Grandpa
When you replant that sad looking plant, bury it almost up to the first set of leaves. It looks like you have a shoot coming out that may help fill in. Your early lady looks nice and healthy. Keep in mind it isn't too late to toss a plant and go buy another from the store. Your weather has been warmer than ours. Your plants will get a little wilty in hot sun and when they are low on water.
Post a Comment