
So today I was trying to figure out why some of my marigold flowers seemed to be prematurly wilting ... so I cut the heads off and upon closer inspection I saw little white things crawling deep inside the flower... and I looked them up online and turns out they are the little larva of White Flies... GROSS! I cut off all the flowers that I saw the little white devils in. So now I am going to be nervous and wondering if I will have a garden when I come home... tomorrow I think I might run out to the flower shop and buy some hot pepper spray, it is suppoesed to protect your plants with a waxy residue of cayanne pepper... I haven't seen the flies yet... but if you see just a few larva online it says you could have a whole bunch of flies pretty quick.. so yeah.. i think i will get some spray... the thing is I bought those flowers from the flower shop... and I never saw any white bugs before I brought them home... so mebbie they came with the eggs!! I should make them give me the spray for free since they seem to have supplied me with this pest!
So anyway there prolly wont be anymore---------
ok.. im back... the neighboors just came over with dessert... they are going to water my plants when we are gone... to finish my above thought ... i was going to say there prolly wont be anymore posts for a while because i will be off in the wilderness camping... and in indy, having way to much fun to blog... but i will blog all about it when i am back... ... so back to the neighboors... they asked if we could use an extra set of dishes, and without thinking i said sure, well they brought one of the dishes over that is a part of the set with the dessert, and it isn't really our style, they are really colorful and floral... and thick.. i like thinner lighter dishes... question is would it be rude to change my mind now that i have seen them?
Anyhow... the above picture is the newest addition to my garden, my herbs! Cilantro, Basil, Chives, Rosemary, and one tiny marigold gem mix seedling. My neighboors told me that soapy water will work on getting rid of the white flies, so I think I will spray down my plants tomorrow morning as a preventative measure before I leave!

No comments:
Post a Comment