Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Three posts in one day???!!!






Yeah, I skipped my bike ride today because I feel crappy... i think i am constipated from not eating very healthy over vacation! Oh well... I guess it is a food hangover! Hahah... I decided to go veggie tonight for dinner and since I still want to grill (because it is oh so fun!) I found a recipe to grill pizza... and it was the BEST pizza I have ever made. Lemme know if you want the recipe! I thought it would be hard to grill dough but it wasn't, see... you have two sides of the grill, a hot side and a medium side... you place the dough on the hot side for the first minute and then flip it to the medium side and then put the toppings on and then put it back on the hot side to finish it. A first glimpse of this pizza and you might wonder why I (the cheese goddess) liked it so much... dosen't look like there is much cheese on it... and there isn't but the stuff that is there is REALLY flavorful, (and expensive)... i used Italian Fontina cheese and pecorino Romano...

also the basil on the pizza is from my garden... fresh picked basil tastes so much better than the slightly aged "fresh" basil you can buy for 3.99 a pop in the grocery store, and it is so easy to grow!

yes, i had to put more pictures of my garden on... the herb garden just took off when i was gone, especially the basil!

i will post the pictures from my vacation soon, or better yet i may host them on another site and link to them... well see..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay you'll have to post the grilled pizza...this doesn't look great but I'll take your word for it...your garden looks GREAT!

Anonymous said...

you don't think my garden looks good? It is much bigger than when I left??? What is wrong with it? And I did post a picture of the pizza... it is right up between my garden pics... ????

Anonymous said...

Again: you'll have to post the grilled pizza recipe!

Yes Mandy I am amazed at how well you can grow a garden on your deck!

Anonymous said...

are you being sarcastic?

Anonymous said...

oh yeah you wanted that pizza recipe...