
(Image of my yummy B-Day cake my Mum made me)
Actually we got back on friday night. Tito and I drove in around eight and Felix's flight was supposed to come in at 8:30 but due to storms the airport closed and they had to stop in Rochester for more gas. He ended up getting home around 10:30. I had birthday presents wrapped and waiting for me when I got home. (A box of Godiva chocolates and a gas grill!) Saturday we took Tito to IKEA (since he had never been to one). And because he has some friends who moved to the area about the same time Felix and I did we visited them for dinner Saturday night (thus I had to wait until Sunday night to try out my grill). Tito left Sunday morning and just missed a couple tornados in Wisconsin on his drive back home. We had great weather in St. Paul and I grilled (Che-vap-chi-chi's) that is spelled how it sounds... i think... haha... they are meat patties (sausage shaped) made out of beef, pork, and lamb, and a bunch of spices... they are from Bosnia... Felix also got me a really cool grilling cookbook for my birthday and it has recipes from all over the world... I made a cucumber mint yogurt salad to go with the chopped onion, tomato, and peppers which you eat with the meat patties and we also grilled up a garlic butter baguette.... oh yeah and some grilled corn... i grilled it with the husk off (something i have never done before) and it was REALLY good that way... i will never grill corn with the husk on again! Last night I made beer can chicken with potatoes a-la ketchup... the potatoes surprised me they were really good! basically you take some Yukon gold potatoes slice them up and take four separate pieces of foil put a tablespoon of butter in the center of each, pile the potatoes on top, pile some sliced onion on top of that and then top it off with a mixture of ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice, wrap them up and grill them for thirty minutes... and mmm... the beer can chicken is easy too... you take a whole chicken, smear a good rub on the outside and inside then take a beer, drink half of it.... or use half of it to soak your mesquite bbq chips... and then put a half tablespoon of your rub into the beer and then put the can of beer up inside the chicken cavity so that the bird sits upright with the beer can inside (also upright) and then you grill it (indirectly) for two hours... it made a mess in our drip pan but is was really good! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. ok now i am going to go look at my cookbook some more and figure out what i am going to make tonight on my grill... it is raining now ... i hope it clears up... but we are suppoed to get severe storms this evening... :(

1 comment:
oooooh i want to eat at your house that sounded really good...so Felix can live with the dishes? ahahaha I think colorful will be fun sometimes...hey they are free
Post a Comment