Monday, June 26, 2006

short walk

took a short walk today down to the lake to feed the fish and the dock was filled with little boys fishing, the gross part was that they were stepping on the fish to get them off of the hooks because they "didn't like touching the fish"... and half the time they were snagging the fish or letting the fish swallow the hook... thus I didn't stay long to watch... but I did stay long enough to find out that the fish that I thought were baby catfish are actually "bullheads"... or that is what the kids were calling them... I don't know much about different types of fish but they look like baby catfish... anyway.. the kids were very entertained once they realized i was feeding the fish and they saw how many fish I attracted... they wanted me to keep feeding them so that they could catch them.. but I didn't let them know I was feeding them until the food was almost gone... I didn't want to have to watch them squash the poor fish... the light was bad for pictures... it was reflecting off of the water too much... and it seems that the fish are hungrier in the evening anyway.. so I might go down and feed them again tonight and try to snap some pictures. for now here are some more vacation pics... i am posting them in order if you haven't already figured that out.



I just couldn't take enough pictures of this little cutie, I am a sucker for puppies! Here's Yogi after poping one of the kids little red play balls.



I caught Tito trying out one of the kiddie chairs (beer in hand)... or was he pretending to be a giant?



here is just a random shot of some of the family hanging out in Aunt Sue's backyard, from left to right we have Cousin Paul, Aunt Fran, Aunt Mary, Sister Molly, Grandma, "Cousin-in-Law" Dawn, and Dawn and Paul's youngest... and I forgot his name, speaking of names what is the official name of someone who marries your cousin... did i make up "cousin-in-law" or is it just cousin.. haha.. or second cousin... or something... and then that brings me to the question what do I call their kids... are they second cousins? ... hmmm... never thought of this before.. :)



Here is a shot of Cousin Rose cleaning up after little yogi (she didn't want me to take this picture)... she also dosen't like yogi to see her cleaning up after him, i think she is afraid it will give him a superiority complex... haha... no actually i think she gave me another reason but i forget at the moment..



And another one of cute little yogi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics mandy.

We had bullheads in Bills Lake but they didn't get to gether for feedings. Those antenna on the head to have barbs that sting when you touch them. Usually if you caught one of these it swallowed the hood and you just cut the head off and took home the body. We would see whole schools of tiny 1" bullheads in the shallow waters and try to catch them. They didn't do very will in a fishbowl though. ;D