We had a beautiful day so we headed out to the Netherlands... A little town called Winchoten. Felbies parents like to shop there sometimes... this is the shopping district...

I took some pictures of some alleys and doors and windows that I liked...

And a few other interesting things.... she's about to lose her bag I think...

We had coffee at this little cafe on the corner...

... and we had fried doughnut like snacks at this stand on the street... apple balls or something like that... similar to a Berliner but rolled in sugar in stead of having icing on the top...

These are special New Year treats... similar to the Quarkinis in Germany...

Beautiful day... interesting building...

... after all the shopping stores end you come across the shady side of town...

... I like alleys...

Looking back up towards the shops from the shady side...

... then we found a Koffie shop!

... this is an example of the traditional brick work you find in the Netherlands...

I liked these doors... I don't know what the little rooms could be... they seem to be associated with the apartment building in the distance... guest rooms perhaps.. haha... it would be silly to have windows if the rooms were just storage sheds wouldn't it?

Windmill!
No comments:
Post a Comment