Wednesday, January 20, 2010

December 18

Since the roads were still pretty snowy and there were Stau's everywhere (traffic jams)... we decided not to venture very far from home.... Leer is fairly close by and has a Weihnachtsmarkt. I had been hearing so much about these fried potato cakes called Kartoffelpuffers. They are Susi and Wolfgang's favorite, so I had to give them a try. They are served with applesauce and sprinkled with sugar. They are similar to deep fried hashbrowns.
Felbie doesn't like them so I had to eat a whole plate of them myself. (They come three in an order.) They were quite filling.
Massive wooden structure with a fan thingie on top. I don't know what these are called but the real ones are small, you place them on your table and there are candles you light and they make the fan thingie go around on top which spins the whole thing... something like that...

... ok just looked it up... they are called Weihnachtspyramide.
yup... that is where we are...
Down by the water all the boats are strung with lights... I didn't have my tripod with me so I did the best I could...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike like the kartofellpuffers. We had waffles one morning and he doesn't like them so he made himself some german potato cakes with applesauce.