Friday, June 13, 2008

Day Five Friday May 23rd

On Friday I spent the day with Susi and Wolfgang at the Munich Zoo while Felix was working. Before we left for the zoo I found this little guy outside of the hotel. The only thing between us and the wolf is that water and a two foot tall fence type thing that was short enough for a five year old to climb over. Somehow I don't think that would fly over here, you would have people just stepping right over the fence to get a closer look. I felt like the wolf could jump right over the water and get us if he wanted to. Don't wolves swim?
Monkeys...
He was staring right at me right on the other side of the glass... so cute... too bad about the reflection.
Right outside of the monkey house there were six people sitting in a row on the benches in the background all peeling and eating bananas. We thought it was really funny and so we wanted to get a picture. I tried to hide behind Wolfgang while taking the picture but his shoulder is kind of covering the people. I was laughing too hard.
They let a few people into the lemur cage to feed the lemurs. They were all over and one of the kids almost got peed on. hahah
We saw quite a few horny animals. If you can't tell they are right in front of the window. Everyone was laughing. I wonder what their babies would look like...
This guy had been chasing her all over.


As we were walking by the elephants they started a show where they had the elephants doing all sorts of things. Carrying heavy objects, picking up their feet, letting the trainers put the hands in their mouth, different poses, etc...


Opa means Grandpa in German... I called this guy the Opa monkey because he was the only one with gray hair. All the other ones had short brown hair. He also seemed like the "boss". A girl started throwing peanuts and none of the other monkeys challenged him for any of the nuts. They only grabbed the ones that were far enough away that he didn't notice. He would eat his peanut and then as soon as he was done he would start jumping up and down until she would throw him another one.

grrr...
I was trying to get some goat food out of the machine and the greedy little buggers just tried to shove their noses right in the hole that it comes out. I had to put my leg up to keep their noses out so that I could get the food out. And then when I did one of them jumped up on me and streaked Scheisse on the front of my jacket.
I think it was that one, right after this photo he jumped up...
but I let him have some food anyway.

No comments: