Friday, August 11, 2006

this is what happens when...

you grow a cherry 100 tomato plant in an 8 inch pot and don't trim any of the "suckers"... it is an interesting bush thing, does have fruit, but they are smaller than my big plants.... this was just an experiment really to see what would happen if I let it alone in this little pot....


and this is what happens when you pinch the suckers and only let a few vines grow, they got really long and i trained them along the balcony railing, this guy produces tons of fruit and they hang down like grapes on their vine...


... and finally i got my first blue morning glory... i LOVE the blue ones... it might have something to do with my favorite color being blue... but they are also bigger and it is such a pretty blue...


i am working on a drawing of my favorite house plant right now, thus the lack of blogs... soon i will post the picture... i have decided to watercolor on the drawing so this may take a little while since i need to freshen up on my watercolor skills!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your plants look really great. I like the trellised tomatoes. Did you grow any bigger tomatoes? I've just canned a couple batches, they are really coming on fast.

Anonymous said...

I also have an early lady in the other corner, the tomatoes are not as big as i thought they would be, they are about the size of a baseball, or a bit smaller some. But I always have one or two ripe ones hangin around waiting to be eaten, so it is just right. I don't really have the pantry space to start canning my own stuff yet.