Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Bruce Peninsula

Our first stop in Canada was MacGregor Point. Not a very nice campground in our opinion. It was a pretty big place, over 300 campsites. Our loop happened not to have a camp host and the people camping around us were really obnoxious. When we arrived we signed up for 3 days there, and since there wasn't much to do nearby we drove up to Bruce Peninsula.

We hiked out to one of the most popular spots. I didn't know that you could swim off the peninsula so I didn't bring my swim suit. It is just as well since the water was crystal clear, I would have wanted my snorkeling gear (which I didn't bring on the trip).

It was a pretty view.
I would have jumped in with my shorts on if it were a truly hot day but it was in the mid 70's so didn't feel like I had to.
Some lady tripped on some of the rocks and the rescue boat came in to help.
Pretty...

Pondering if skinny dipping is allowed.....
There were tons of these rock stacks all over the Provincial parks and even along the highway. They call them "inukshuks" and one of the park newsletters asks people not to build them, but they are all over anyway. Haha.
If I didn't mention it before this is Georgian Bay, a part of Lake Huron.
The water was crystal clear.
Towards the end of the day we drove out along a single lane dirt road next to the water to get to a light house...
It was quite the trip... huge potholes and crazy drivers speeding from the opposite direction. Near misses... haha... all for this.
It was an adventurous drive. Are those Canadian Maple leaves on the curtains? I think so!

No comments: