This
morgen we had some very good soft boiled eggs that I got from a friend in northern Wisconsin who can get them from a farmer friend. They are all different colors ranging from a greenish white shell to a cream colored shell (pictured below) to light brown (below) to a little darker brown. I am told that these eggs, born from a free range environment, are fed in such a way that they do not have cholesterol. I am not sure I believe that, regardless, they are delicious and beautiful, and I will
definitely have to get some more!

I also made some yummy apfeltaschens (apple pockets) for fruehstueck (breakfast). They turned out really good! Apfeltaschens are some of my favorite breakfast pastries from Germany. They are super easy to make. Just take some puff pastry and put apples and cinnamon and sugar (I fry them with a little butter first) and put them in the pastry and then bake them and glaze them with a powder sugar glaze when they come out. The are similar to a turn over but a lot less sweet. American bakery is way sweeter than German bakery... too sweet for me, that is why I like these so much.

Mmmmmmm....

On Saturday we had a warm up and so we went for a hike at the Kinnikinnick Stake Park. It was 48 degrees when we were at the park!!!


So Zen...

I wanted to make snowmen all over...





Oops!! This guy was a bit top heavy!

Do you like my mittens? I made them out of old wool sweaters that I boiled.

Still a bit top heavy but standing...
No comments:
Post a Comment