I had been enjoying riding Hercules so much that I had to have some more pictures of me and Hercules. (The bike)

We saw a lot of farm houses on our bike ride. Up north they are all brick like most buildings are and the house is the front part and where it gets wider in the back that is the barn. Yes the house and barn are attached.
The barn side...
The house side...
Much of the land in northern Germany is bog and marshy. There are a lot of birds in these areas.
Here we are at a cross roads trying to decide which way to go. Longer ride or shorter ride? We opted for the longer.
Hercules...
At first when you call the cows the first few just walk towards you...Then they start running once a few have gotten to the gate.
I tried to pet them...

There was a barn on the other side of the canal. The path that we rode along was next to a dike on the other side of the dike is the canal. The cows were standing on top of the dike.
Another barn...
Here are the cows on the dike...
Another barn...
This is how the churches look in northern Germany. They are brick and have a different type of tower than the ones down south. No onion dome on these.
The paths that we rode on were fairly narrow, but they were for cars too. Luckily there wasn't much traffic at all.
This is a house in Rhauderfehn that I liked. (I like the flowers on the porch).
Susi and Wolfgang have a nice garden behind their house that faces west so we got to watch the sun set every night. We ate outside on most nights and then had schnaps until it got dark.

No comments:
Post a Comment