Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yikes I haven't posted in 18 days!

Hmmm so what is going on? I don't know... not much, but apparently enough so that I haven't had time to post anything. Last week it rained ALL WEEK and my porch garden is a jungle of tomato vines!! Felbie was in Germany last week on business and I have been on two B rated group bike rides since going on my first C ride. The bike club rates their rides based on how fast the leader rides (the leader rides in back so they don't leave anyone behind). There are A AB B BC and C rides. The B rides are supposed to be 14 mph average but I went on one Friday that was a fast ride. It was a really nice ride though and we ate at an Italian restaurant afterwards. Perhaps I can get Felbie to come with on that ride this week. So far the rides that I have been going on are all on the north side of the city so they are kind of a pain to get to, especially the one on Friday because I have to fight rush hour traffic to get there and it takes an hour. Oh well, it is good exercise and the rides on the north side of town are REALLY pretty we pass SO MANY lakes!

Also, last week I started a scrapbook for our wedding. Of course I had to plan it all out on my computer first so I am just now getting to actually cut and paste stuff. And I couldn't bear to do one spread at a time like I know many people do. I had to know the layout of the whole thing before starting to make sure everything fit the way I wanted it to. I could add extra pages but I want it to be a certain length... so yeah that is what I was mainly working on last week while it rained all week.

The week before last week my parents and sis came up to visit and we went to the Minnesota Zoo. It happens to be only a few blocks away from where we live. Here are some pics...
While at the zoo we missed the dolphin show but got to see the bird show and it was pretty cool. They had the birds flying around doing things that they would normally do in nature.


They have some camels and the first time we saw them they were covered up to their humps in a pond that was covered in bright green algae. All you could see was heads and humps. When we came back they were out of the water as you can see. One of them was half burried in the sand and looked dead, then it stood up as we were wondering why the zoo would have a dead camel. :)

There was a prairie dog city. They didn't bark as much as the ones that I saw out west, I suppose they don't feel as threatened because they know that people can't get too close in the Zoo.

The meerkat was cute.

The wolverine was falling asleep in the sun and it was so cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you getting more tomatoes or just vines? We ate all your tomatoes when we were there and made a very nice pasta sauce.

We were averaging over 16 mph when you rode with us so I'm sure you can do the B rides just fine. Do they always include food? Ours do.