Tuesday, July 31, 2007

07.18.07 Crash boom bang

While I was in Indy my mom decided to take a spill off of her bike. She had to stay a day and a night in the hospital. She had some trouble remembering some things at first, but now she has remembered everything except the fall and the ambulance ride. She was really disappointed that she did not remember the ambulance ride. We had to piece together what exactly happened to make her fall because she was by herself at the time. We think that she was trying to avoid a speed bump and caught herself between the curb and the street in a crack and it sent her wobbly. While we were in the hospital we needed the nurse to come and disconnect her from the IV so she could go to the bathroom and instead of pushing the call button on the bed Tito pushed the assist button on the wall which is used when a doctor needs other doctors to help when something serious is happening. It sounds an alarm and the nurses come running. Tee hee. A few weeks before mom showed up in the hospital my sister broke her arm while tubing behind a powerboat. My mom emailed a picture of her to me when it happened so I thought I would include it in this blog too since I didn't get a chance to post it earlier.

No comments: