
And then I took a trail down towards the lake and found a micro cache in these trees.
This is Lake Granger. In the distance notice the trees sticking out of the water. Weird huh. I wonder when they made this lake since there are trees still in there.
I like this picture partially because of the random branch hanging down from the top and partially because of the random tree trunk coming out of the water.
This is what the shoreline looked like.
For dinner that night Felbie and I went out for sushi. We had shrimp and veggy tempura as an appetizer. It tasted good, but all the grease gave Felbie a stomachache.
Ok so I still have blogs to make up for the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. The 11th was very boring since we were just driving thru Iowa so there will be no blog for our last day of the trip.Now I am going to go work on bleaching my cabinets. There was a mouse in our house while Felix was in Japan. I caught him though, live. It only took one night for my trap to catch the little nibbler (he was eating my gingerbread house which I finally threw out upon discovery of the mouse.) I set up a tall trash can below the surface my gingerbread house was sitting on and then put an empty paper towel tube on the ledge next to the gingerbread house and smeared a bit of peanut butter on the end of the tube (after flattening one side so it wouldn't roll away). The tube was balanced half on and half off the the ledge right over the empty garbage can so that when the mouse crawled through the tunnel created by the cardboard tube to get to the peanut butter the tube and mouse would fall into the garbage can. The exterminator who came the next day to put poison traps out in case there were any more mice was quite impressed with my catch. I don't think there are any more mice, I would have seen bright blue droppings (from the poison) which I haven't so I am going to clean out my cabinets to make sure they didn't get into anything. The only cabinet that they could access as far as I can tell was the one under the sink due to the plumbing holes that the builders left wide open. I am going to have to call and have that fixed! The exterminator thinks that the mice are coming in thru next door because they always leave their garage AND front door wide open. Weirdos!
Oh yeah, just in case anyone was wondering what I did with the mouse.... I flushed him down the toilet. I didn't have the patience to drive him far away and drop him somewhere else. So what was the point in catching him alive? I suppose it was the challenge of setting the trap, plus I don't like to deal with squished things.

No comments:
Post a Comment