Felbie and I have just arrived in Austin, TX. Bill is house sitting for us and told us before we left that if we got stuck in the ice/snow and were still in MN to call him and he and Lydia would pick us up. See, there was a snow/ice storm the night before we left. Luckily the plows were out all night scraping the streets clean and Sunday while we were going thru the wost of it in Iowa the streets were fairly clean. We passed numerous vehicles that were in the ditch all the way until we reached Kansas City. Multiple Semi's, SUV's, big cars, little cars, vans, trucks, no one escaped the storm. WEll except us... hah.. we saw about three fresh accidents as well. We arrived in Austin last night and had dinner at a place Felbie had been to before. I forget the name of the place... chubbies, or chewies or something... it was the place that Bush's daughters were caught drinking at and arrested. Not the exact place, but one of the same chain. It is a Tex Mex chain in TX. Ok, I looked up the name of the place it is called Chuy's. It was pretty good. HUGE servings. I got a platter which included, rice, beans, cheese enchiladas, two chicken flautas, one taco, and a cheese meat sauce to dip nacho cheese covered taco shell in. MMM... I have the enchiladas left over that I am going to eat for lunch soon and then I will be out of here to do some exploring!
This is my plate...

Felbie is enjoying himself... I got a really good margarita... it was strawberry and mango.

I thought you would appreciate this Dad... the silverware comes in a sealed package that says "Sanitized for your protection"... hahah
1 comment:
Poor Felix, that must have been torture....Must....resist.....urge....to.....rescue.....stranded.....motorists.....urrrghhHHH
Post a Comment