Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Texas BBQ

Last night we went to a Texas BBQ called The County Line. Felix got a platter with both beef ribs and pork ribs and I got the lean brisket. Both platters come with coleslaw, bean and potato salad, all of which are really good especially the coleslaw. The brisket was really good, as were the beef ribs, but I didn't like the pork ribs at all. They had a funny taste to them. Felix thought it was the sauce I didn't like, it just had an overly "porkie" flavor to it. Beef is Texas specialty anyhow... perhaps they just don't know how to do pork ribs ... haha... I dunno.


This is a picture of my plate. I keep forgetting to take the picture before I dive in. I just get so excited when my food comes I start eating and then I remember I wanted to take a picture. (I like food pictures.)


For dessert we had pecan pie with homemade ice cream. It was REALLY good as well.(But I forgot to take a picture because it looked so good!)

During the day (yesterday) I drove around looking for a boot store (I am thinking about buying some real Texas cowgirl boots). My first attempt at the crazy highway system here dropped me off in downtown Austin. I had actually wanted to go to Round Rock, a city just north of Austin, but my GPS was telling me fairytales. (There are new roads here that are not on the GPS map and thus screws up the GPS.) When I finally did get to Round Rock I got distracted by a outlet mall. I saw a sign advertising the mall and it told which exit to get off at but there was construction and the exits were mis-labeled or something and so I got off an exit late. Well normally you would think no big deal, I can just take a side street or something to get where I want to go. Nope. They have these weird exits here and you have to get off way before your target and then drive on a little service road next to the highway, but the service road is one way, the other way is on the other side (of the highway) and you can only get across the highway at the exits. It is really screwy. To make a long story short I finally did get to the outlet mall after much driving back and forth on the highway and the service road. I found a cute skirt for 5 dollars at Eddy Bower's and never made it to my boot store. I know where the boot store is now so perhaps I will get there today. First I have to get the hotel staff to fix the air conditioner in our room because we can't seem to get the temp in here below 77 degrees, while it isn't hot enough to bother me, Felbie can't sleep very well when it is humid and warm. So I will have to get them to fix it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey nerds, what car did you rent to drive down there?