Saturday, July 22, 2006

Day Five, Fourth of July Tuesday

So here is our fifth and last day of vacation. We decided to go back to Tettegouche and take a look at the falls, we had skipped them on our first hike (that was the evil bird day). The falls were pretty, but by then we had seen so many falls and rivers they were all starting to look very similar. Yet still beautiful. I think, looking back, my favorite river was the one at split rock state park. Anyhow... there was a very cool suspension type bridge (only five people allowed on this bridge at once)...

Here are some of the falls, I think these are the lower falls, there are two falls at Tettegouche, an upper and a lower. I think the lower were called Two Step, Ironically we had to go down about 200 stairs to get to them... yeah I counted, but I don't remember exactly.

Felix decided to climb down the rocks next to the second of the two lower falls... there were two falls that make up the lower falls, thus the name "two step"

And I love dragonflies, here is a pretty one, almost as big as my hand! He was hanging out at the Two Step falls.


So after we visited the falls at Tettegouche we headed home, on our way home we stopped at the grocery store in Silver Bay to pick up some Bloodwurst to take home. And we stopped at the Silver Bay Marina to pee and to look at the boats. By the time we got to Two Harbors we were good and hungry for lunch so guess where we stopped... Culvers! (side note: I remember going on family vacations and my dads favorite place was McDonalds, you could always convince him to stop at a McDonalds, well Felix is like that with Culvers). We were very lucky with our timing too because not any sooner had we sat down with our burgers than we saw a Tour Bus full of Senior Citizens get out! Whew, I am glad we didn't have to stand in those lines, that bus was FULL!

No comments: