Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Peaches... (in no particular order...)

Ok, so part of the reason that I have not been blogging as much is that it takes FOREVER to upload my images to blogger for some reason, and then when I do get them up they are always in the wrong order. I don't know what they changed, but I don't like it. I had these images in order of what I made, not that it really matters. Now they are totally random.

Anyhow, after going to a wedding this summer in Michigan we picked up a half bushel of wonderful delicious red haven peaches! I have been asked how they compare to a Georgia peach and I can't say that I have ever had a Georgia peach, so I can't say as to how they compare. The only thing we get here in the grocery are California peaches, which I refuse to buy because one, they just are no good, you never know if they will ripen and become edible or just get mushy and grainy. And biting into mushy a grainy juice less peach WILL make me cry. And two, because Michigan is so much closer, why can't we find Michigan peaches at the grocery, why do they insist on trucking in the inferior peaches from a far away land?????


Fresh peach and blueberry tart...


Black bean peach salsa, enjoyed on everything from tacos to steak...
Simple... vanilla ice cream with fresh peaches on top...
Butterscotch peaches over vanilla ice cream, a recipe from NYT newspaper.

Ok, I didn't make this one, we went out for dinner the week we had all the peaches around, and I found it kind of funny we ordered this appetizer with all the peaches we have at home.
Canned peaches...
Peach creme fraiche ice cream over Nutella gelatto in a waffle cone...
Peach sangria!
Peach buttermilk smoothie for breakfast...
And yet more peaches to eat!

2 comments:

jkirkw said...

Just read your blog, Mandy. Michigan peaches are delicious. Nice pictures. Grandpa

jkirkw said...

Michigan peaches are the best. Nice pictures, Mandy

Grandpa