Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First blog in a long time...

... so much has been happening since the last post and then the pictures from everything just started piling up and, yes, it is also summertime and while I am usually outside my computer is usually inside... so thus the lack of posts...

Since the last post we have bought a house, have been traveling in Europe for almost a month, came home to a sailing season in full force, with races being cancelled and rescheduled to the tune of three races a week. Then my parents came for a visit, and we began working on the house and yard. Mainly the deck, which we are still in the middle of restaining and replacing boards. We have been on a few weekend trips, a race over the weekend of the 4th, and then a wedding in Michigan last weekend... and now I have a half bushel of peaches that need tending to. (I just couldn't resist buying Michigan peaches while we were there.) And now that they will be ripening all the same time I need to form a battle plan of how to deal with them. Whew... so all that, along with the painting I am still doing at the local theater and the designs and art that I am always working on. Makes our blog a very lonely place... hopefully it will see some more pictures soon though. For now, here are a few of the past week...

We have frogs that scale our windows and sometimes Felbie...
My first eggplant (Ping Tung)... it should be ready to pick soon... this was about a week ago...
On a dune ride in Michigan... this is where they dipped us into the lake and soaked (some of us)... I was able to stay out of the spray by ducking down under the windshield... (we were front row).

At Mac Woods...

The beach we camped on, and a walk we took our last night next to the lake.


2 comments:

Jack Kirkwood said...

Nice pictures and the peaches look great, Mandy. Keep up the blogs, I love them. Grandpa

Jack Kirkwood said...

Nice pictures and the peaches look great, Mandy. Keep up the blogs, I love them. Grandpa