I had heard that Lake Travis was full of water, and since I had only seen it when it was half dried up I decided to pay a visit. The water was crystal clear, about 70 degrees F, and it had a nice rocky bottom. I could see the fish swimming by. I spent the afternoon swimming and taking pictures at Bob Wentz Park... the park is on a point that extends out into the middle of Lake Travis some locals told me that's the place to go... unless you like to be naked then you can go to Hippie Hollow where swimsuits are optional. Since I was alone I opted for Bob Wentz.

Some kind of cone flower or something... hey sis, ID this for me. :)

I could sit on this rock forever...



The Mansfield dam... the thing that makes "Lake" Travis possible...

A tree overlooking the Mansfield Dam park...

I think this wildflower is called Indian Blanket... there were tons of wild flowers in bloom.

And for dinner... BBQ again, I had done some more research before the trip and the NY Times had suggested Louie Mueller's in Taylor, TX... they served their brisket with a thin slightly sweet tomato sauce for dipping along with all the usual fixins... no sweet chips though. They served their beer in mason jars. It was good... couldn't beat Kreuz, but it was almost as good... I just missed my sweet chips, and the sausage was a bit too hot for me, we tried their mesquite and their jalapeno sausage.

Inside Louie Mueller's... no A/C here... you can sit in the pit room or out here on the screened in patio.

It's a very old historic building they are located in... it used to be a gym from what I remember them telling us, with the original Louie Mueller's down the street as a small grocery... he began to do BBQ with old meat that hadn't been sold and was about to turn bad.

The outside of Louie Mueller's from the side in the parking lot...

Back in Austin... I just love their "roller coaster" ramps in the sky... yes, that is about three stories (or more??) high...
No comments:
Post a Comment