Friday, May 08, 2009

04.19.08 Sunday

Sunday was our (my) last day in California. Felbie had to stay for a few more days to finish up his work. My flight didn't take off until the afternoon so we spent half the day at my favorite park. That right Point Reyes.

First we drove out to the Elk reserve to see if we would see any Tule Elk and we did!

Uh oh he sees me... I better get out of here!

Just kidding, I'm not that close.

Then we took a walk out to the ocean via Abbots Lagoon. This is the beach I found the red abalone on. Unfortunately we didn't see any that day.

I picked up one of those pieces of kelp that are all over the beach and then a bunch of flies surrounded me, so I tried to toss it away and whipped myself in the butt leaving a wet streak on my jeans. And frightening myself.

Haha funny kelp...

Pretty waves...

Makes me want to jump right in... but this isn't a swimming beach, something about a rip current and sneaker waves.

Sneaker wave! (Eat my dust).

Sneaker wave didn't get my sneakers!

No comments: