Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Snowshoe Weekend 2009

Last weekend Felbie and I went with my Underwater Hockey group (the Loons), to one of the players family cabins up in northern WI for the annual snowshoe trip. They do this trip every year. This is the first year we have been able to go because last year I got really sick, and the year before that was when we went to Austin, TX.

So the weekend went like this.... Friday we drove up to the cabin, it is in Cable, WI and took us about 3 hours to get there. We got there early enough to claim one of the last available beds, lucky us! Once the rest of the group arrived we played some games. Below is my friend Bryna, her boyfriend Justin and Karen. Bryna is my friend from Madison, we fixed sailboats together, and she is the one who got me involved with this group when we moved up here.
Justin drawing for his team.
This cabin was really cool and had a huge fire place. It had an upstairs above the kitchen and off the kitchen was the great room that was all log cabin style. This cabin was built in the 1800's or something. It was great, tons of character and even had a functional double seater outhouse that was put to good use since there was only one indoor bathroom that had to be shared between 22 people. There were a couple other out buildings, sheds and such that were really old too.

I dripped a little water down the back of Bryna pants while it was her turn to draw. hahah im evil.
Having fun before bed.
The next morning I helped make pancakes for everyone, Felbie went for a walk, and then we opened the survival gifts/game before going out.
Felbie's survival gift was a calorie counting jump rope. I am not sure how that fits the theme... haha... I got some trail mix and little bottles of booze and one of the fire starters so I got to light the fire on our hike!
Felbie and Bryna...
Hiking across a lake..
There were multiple stops for rough housing and making angels. And for drinking.
And for taking pictures... Me and Bryna.
Another booze/wait for everyone to catch up stop. Felbie would have liked less stopping and more walking. :)
This was a fun hill. I took it on my butt... it was pretty steep. Here is Justin bouncing down the hill. Some people went around it where it wasn't so steep.
Taking a picture of my self in Justin's glasses....
Here is the fire I got to light... we had snacks and drank stuff here, and roasted Spam on a stick. It was surprisingly good!!! Here is Keith offering up a piece of freshly roasted Spam.
Are we snowshoeing or playing football... I can't count how many times this happened. Funny.
Saturday night drumming...
And diggerydooo playing... ( I don't think I spelled that right)
Sunday Felbie and I got up early and went for a walk on our own, it was below 0 and frost grew on my eyelashes and hair. When we got back Felbie and I helped make waffles for everyone.
While we were on our way up to the cabin the driver side door handle on the inside of our bussy quit working. When we got home we investigated how to open it up and get inside the door to fix it. This door handle was something that the dealership had supposedly "fixed" for us when we bought the bussy. What we found was a smear of cheap looking glue on a plastic part that had broken off. I was sooo mad because you would think that they would have ordered the little plastic piece rather than do this type of crap job... but they didn't I was fuming and still am a bit irked about what we found. But, on the flip side it was fun to take apart, I learned something new and we did our own fix with a epoxy putty compound that I used to use for emergency fixes on sailboats. I think our fix will hold much better than the stupid dealerships fix. I think I am going to call them up and demand they order that plastic piece for me for free. Since they should have fixed it proper in the first place. But I doubt we will need it since I think our fix will hold. So I think I wont bother with those jerks-it would be a waste of my time!

Furry me with beloved bussy. Check out my frosty "wings" by my ears...

No comments: