Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back to food...

Last Saturday I made a version of my puff pancake with apples and cinnamon. It was actually a recipe out of a Penzey's Spice Catalog. It was really good.


We also invited some friends over to play Settlers of Catan and make personal pizzas. And eat CAKE.... Black Forest Torte to be exact...

Felbie did the baking part and I did the decorating part... it tasted as good as it looks!
Here is our "buffet" of toppings for the pizzas. I tried a new "no knead" pizza crust recipe that was really good. Here is the recipe.
We were too excited to eat the pizza to take any post baking pictures of it. It turned out beautiful, just like the picture. It was a light bubbly dough with a moist crumb and a crisp crust, kind of like ciabatta bread with pizza toppings. You can see I am excited by my pizza jig I am dancing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you wonder why your cholesterol is high?

Matt Southworth said...

Crazy. My mother made that exact same pancake for our breakfast on Sunday.