
So yeah, this is going to be a totally random and long post about all the pictures I have found on my computer from the last month or so. When it started to get cold the first time I started knitting these cute socks from some really soft sock yarn. Halfway through I realize the yarn is so soft because it is cotton. Not as warm as wool but they are still pretty... and soft... ;P


I got some new glasses, it seems that my very weak prescription has gotten even weaker. Yeah, one of my eyes has gone back to 20/20. Cool huh?

My cakes are so much prettier now that I can see them...

I got this recipe off of Americas Test Kitchen...... yummmmmmm

I love challah bread... half of the fun in making it is braiding it....

New glasses....

I added olives to a bread recipe... and got olive loaf.... lecker!

On Halloween we went to a friends house for a party.... there was all sorts of spooky food... I brought spinach poofs.

We played crazy games... I am the black vulture shaving the roadkill with a spoon.

I only cut her a few times...

See, the theme of the party was to come as a "Political Vulture" I took it literally and dressed as a black vulture. I had a sign that said "Meat is Murder" on the front and on the back it said "Tasty Tasty Murder." Felbie dressed as a farmer with chicks in his pockets... the chicks being my possible victims and he was protecting them from me. (Black Vultures have been known to pester farmers by preying upon live animals as well as dead.)

Here's my farmer and his chicks. Some might call him a chick magnet!


Our friend Beena was dressed as a dead pilot. I am not sure how that fit into the theme... but she had some bloody glass sticking out of her face.

Black Vulture having fun...

The party moved out doors to a 15 foot tall bonfire.

It was like burning a small log cabin! Our cars were about 100 meters away from the fire and still had a thick layer of ash the next morning! I also got to see what happens when you throw a shovel full of sawdust on the fire! BOOM!

Felbie and I decided to get a new camera for Christmas... but we didn't want to wait for Christmas for it.... it can take multiple pictures in a row really fast... (it is a digital SLR). Here are a few shots of me Felbie took. I was cold and had wet hair because I had just got home from hockey.






I have been playing around with wool lately and made this bag/purse with some felted wool from some sweaters that I bought at some garage sales. I also made a hat, scarf, and mittens. Not sure where those pics are though...

Happy Halloween!! (my pumpkin)

And scarecrow friend...

3 comments:
Glad to see you back posting. Grandma and I enjoy your blogs and what you two are doing.
You look like the perfect Betty Crocker from the 60's! The domestic diva's handiwork.
Happy New Year! Thank you for the Holiday card and update. Sounds like you had good time in Germany. I love your the vulture hat!
your cousin,
Johnny
Post a Comment