Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yum Yum DIM SUM!!!

I have been researching DIM SUM in the Minneapolis area and have come to find many good things said about Mandarin Kitchen. So, Felbie and myself tried it out this morning. It was awesome! We started with some meat and veggy dumplings, then had tarro root bars, sticky rice with an egg pork filling, tofu skin beef shrimp dumpling thingies, Jasmine tea and two different desserts, fruit custard tarts and egg custard cinnamon tarts. MMMMM so good. If you go with a bunch of people you get to try more stuff before you get full. Since there were only two of us we could only eat so much. They had a GREAT selection of items, noodles stuffed with shrimp, noodles stuffed with beef, all sorts of dumplings and things I had no idea what they were. Every time they brought out a new cart there were more things I wanted to try, since my stomach is only so big I had to pass up a lot of stuff. Sea weed salads, Chicken Feet, Duck Feet and Pidgeon were on the a cart I have a feeling my old skipper Blair would have loved. There were some interesting jelly fish thingies that I didn't try but might sometime and on the fried cart (there is a cart full of fried things) anyhow on the fried cart there were some fried balls with a claw (like a crab claw or something) sticking out of one side. I had not seen these before at dim sum and perhaps I will try those next time. I did not think to bring my camera and therefore have no pictures of all the yummy food. The place itself is not so pretty, but it is typical for a good Dim Sum place. So if anyone wants to try really good Dim Sum here in MN. I now have the perfect place picked out! This makes me SOOOOO happy, Dim Sum is YUM!

No comments: