Sunday, December 06, 2009

Content Aware Scaling

There is this other new fun feature called content aware scaling... you can scale backgrounds while leaving things like people in the foreground alone...(so the peoples faces and bodies do not get all stretched out funny when you re-size the image.) I personally haven't found a need for this feature... but I am sure if you were trying to fit a certain size photo into a spread and didn't want to loose any of the background you could use it.

Original Photo...
This width of this image is shortened just by re-sizing the image without using content aware scaling... oh look at how skinny I am ... :P

This image is shortened using content aware scaling... (just the background is scaled... I am protected) note my super skinny shadow... haha...

This image is shortened width wise just by cropping out some of the image on the left and right...still the way I would scale an image unless there is a specific reason for needing all the background in the image...

No comments: