Last weekend Felbie and I decided to go to the RV show downtown. His parents are thinking about buying an RV to keep here in the US. They are avid travelers and have a homemade RV in Germany. It seems that they are always in France or Spain, or visiting the Sea, or some of the Hot Springs, and Saunas. So, Felbie and I decided to go and see what American RV's had to offer them. Like most things American, they are much bigger than European RV's. That being said they don't always make the best use of space, since they are so big anyway. Not necessarily a good thing. We saw some huge monsters, that even had ceiling fans! And some tiny little trailer ... I can't remember the name of it... I was a little disappointed because for the most part they were all very similar to me. They all had the same type of wavy swooshy graphics on the outside, and the same neutral toned carpet bag textiles on the inside. Also, there were no converted EuroVans. We saw a few converted American vans, and they weren't half as cool as a EuroCamper. Oh well. Out of all of the RV's, Vans, Pop up campers, and Trailers we looked at we had two favorites.

We liked the Lance 992. It is a camper that sits on the bed of a pickup. I thought these would be really small but I was surprised at the amount of space in this one.



This is the layout of the camper. You can see it has a few pull outs. You can actually sleep at least four in this! The dinette converts to a bed and another bunk pulls down from the ceiling to sleep another person.

This is one of our favorite RV's. It is the Winnebago View, it is on a sprinter base.

It has all the basics without being too huge. It also seemed to have nicer storage than the others.
1 comment:
The Lance does pop out to a comfortable size. You'll just have to get out the paints and do ups some graphics for it.
Post a Comment